This perfect guide on how to make iced coffee with Keurig at home will not only save you money but will also show you the trick of not watering down the coffee when you mix hot coffee beverages with ice. 😉
There are various ways to make a good iced coffee, one of them with Keurig machine which is doesn't take more than two to three minutes and with our recipe, it takes quite delicious as good as any local coffee shop. But to make it better we suggest making a small tweak in ice cubes in advance which we have listed in the recipe.
Making iced coffee at home not only saves you dollars but also gives you the pleasure of making your own perfect iced coffee that you can savor. Read on for an amazing coffee.
Can You Just Add Ice to Coffee To Make Iced Coffee?
Well yes and no, depends on how you want your coffee to taste. If you go with a shortcut method that takes like 2-3 mins to make, you can do it. But if you love iced coffee and make it regularly then I would suggest you use the coffee ice cubes method. (more details below in the pro tip section)
Is Keurig Coffee Maker Good For Iced Coffee?
Well, Keurig is quite a popular brand these days and not without a reason. Also, Keurig machine is getting popular for someone who needs his or her coffee made in an instant. One can easily make freshly brewed iced coffee with a k-cup.
Well, it's super quick, Keurig makes it easy to make delicious iced coffee super fast. All you need is to follow our method:
The Recipe For How To Make Iced Coffee With Keurig At Home:
Things we Need:
- 1 Keuring Machine
- 1 K-cup (100% Colombian Coffee by Kroger) (Recommended)
- Coffee cubes or Ice Cubes
- 3 oz of milk 2%
- 1 oz of caramel or sugar
- Toppings as you desire: Whipped cream, chocolate cream, etc
Step By Step Guide:
- Mix 1 oz of caramel with 2-3 oz of milk
- We will be taking an empty glass preferably a big one and add 1 oz of caramel to it, if you don't have caramel syrup you can always use sugar and water. The reason for having the same is to give sweetness to your iced coffee.
- Then we are gonna add 2-3 oz of 2% milk to the caramel which will form the base, if you want you can chill it for some time or use cold milk from the fridge.
- Start the coffee maker machine and add your favorite K-cup
- I would recommend the 100% Colombian, but then it's again a personal choice what kind of k cups one wishes to use.
- Keurig iced coffee stronger setting
- Press the Brew Button: Brew the coffee in the strong brew mode for 6 oz , and put the which contains glass of caramel and milk under the machine.
- Add ice or coffee cubes to your serving glass till it is filled to the brim. The detailed recipe on the making of iced coffee cubes is below. (optional or use the regular ice from ice tray)
- Pour your Keurig iced coffee to the ice-filled glass.
- Add toppings like whipped cream, Chocolate cream, etc as per your choice.
- And your delicious Keurig iced coffee at home is ready
How To Make Coffee Ice Cubes?
A lot of times mixing hot Keurig coffee with ice cubes makes the ice cubes melt faster, Which leads to water down a taste for the iced coffee and its flavors. Hot and cold temperatures can be conflicting and take time for you perfect iced coffee to take place.
It helps avoid watered down flavor.
Hence we suggest making coffee ice cubes either 4-5 hours before or a night before you need them. with the following simple steps.
- Take your favorite K-cups of 100% Colombian coffee by Kroger (earlier branded as Green Mountain Coffee) or anyone other which you love.
- Brew the coffee with a Keurig machine
- Let them cool down to room temperature
- Put them into the ice cube trays and let them settle in the fridge for 4-5 hours (zip-lock trays to avoid dilution of flavors)
- And your coffee ice cubes are Ready!! 🙂
Pro Hot Tips for Perfect Iced Coffee
1) Coffee Flavour: Coffee brew from the coffee maker plays an important in getting the perfect iced coffee, we recommend using strong flavors for your iced coffee at home otherwise you will find the taste getting diluted because of ice.
2) Fresh Ice: Always use ice from fresh water and not hard water. The ice tray should be zip-locked to avoid other flavors from the freezer passing into the ice. Also using of coffee ice cube is a great idea.
3) Milk 2%: Use chilled condensed milk since it will help since the Keurig iced coffee syrup will already be hot when it disburses from the machine.
4) If you enjoy stronger coffee set your keuring model to stronger brew mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which K-cup to use for making Keurig iced coffee at home?
As recommended before you can use 100% Colombian coffee with a Keurig, but then it also depends on the personal choice of coffee grounds you wish to use.
You can also visit our detailed guide on the best coffee beans and K cups.
How To Make Iced Coffee With Hot Coffee?
As detailed above the making of iced coffee with keurig brewer isn't difficult . And if made right it makes for a perfect caffeine fix of cold brew.
Is It Hard To Make Iced Coffee at home?
No. Making iced coffee is quite easy with a Keurig machine, but if you are an iced coffee enthusiast and wish to try different recipes you can also try it with different methods without using a Keurig coffee maker some of them can be with pour-over coffee or even with the coffee press.
Conclusion: What to do next?
If you don't have a Keurig machine, sweat not you can try our other iced coffee recipes.
As you chill and relax do enjoy our other guides on various coffee gear and the best Keurig machines.
Also if you like to recipe or would like us to add something more to it. Please feel free to add comments below.